Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Oops...bad day

3 days ago was the worst day since I've been in Montreal.
I did not almost die but, anyway, it was a REALLY bad day.
It began well however: I had a nice lunch with a guy of my university I met on the Internet. The day before I spent 1H30 on the phone with him, quite impressive for me (especially in English!). Anyway, he was very nice and I had a really good morning thanks to him.
Then I went to the health services of my university as I was feeling that I was not really good. Indeed I was scraching myself more than usual (not that I scrach myself a lot but...oooh). And, guess what? The doctor (a nice one by the way) told me that I had...itch (or scabies, I don't know the exact term)! I guess that I get it when I was in NYC, the hotel was not of the best hygiene. Anyway, second bed news: when I came back home, I had a love letter from my ex-boyfriend with whom I've stayed four months, quite great for me...
So, really great!
Anyway, I'm feeling better in spite of all the work I have to do for the exams but let me tell U sth:
I believe love is one of the more oppressive concepts coined by mankind for mankind. Given the number of people who suffer from this feeling, those who do not know what it is and so on, it could seem surprising that this invention has not become obsolete. The notion of "true love" developed during the 19th century, despite the partial success of the sexual revolution of the 1960s and 1970s has still a strong influence on our behaviours and our life expectations. Why? We should be able to get rid of it but, no, we are made always reminded that LOVE is everywhere and has to be everywhere! Look around you, if this is no oppression, then what is it? Movies, music, ads, books, public policies, and so on are conditioning us in a very strong way. And, no matter what is your religion, your identity (sexual, racial, gender, blabla), you just CAN'T escape it. Isn't this scaring? I wish I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home